100% Spelt Sourdough SubscriptionRegular price £24.70
5% Discount already calculated in the price.
Subscribe to a weekly delivery of our rustic, wholesome, healthy and low gluten Spelt loaf, and you won't have to worry about going to the shops for bread anymore!
You can get about 10-12 slices out of one loaf, it'll last about 4 days at room temperature if well covered, or slice it and freeze it for up to 3 months. Choose the frequency you'd like to receive it weekly. Please note that you'll be contacted to arrange a weekly delivery date, and we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to accommodate the day of your choice, but we'll do our best. We cannot guarantee that we'll be able to do 2 deliveries a week, if we cannot you'll receive both breads on the same day.
Payments will occur once a month on the day you subscribed. You have complete control over your subscription: change the date, skip or delete.
No white flour has been used in the dough (except a little bit in the starter, which makes it 4% of the total flour).
What does this change in the overall taste/nutritional value?
- Spelt is an ancient grain: this means that since humanity has been cultivating spelt (found already in Roman times), no changes have been made to it. It has a nutty, rustic flavour, and goes amazingly in soups and as a base for your eggs in the morning.
- It contains less gluten! Which is great for people with slight wheat intolerances (though it's NOT gluten-free unfortunately).
- It's particularly rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, and niacin (vitamin B-3).
- Compared with wheat, spelt contains a slightly higher protein content, plus as a whole grain it has a high dietary fibre content that may help lowering cholesterol levels and may reduce hypertension. Also high-fibre foods can play a role in helping a person achieve or maintain a healthy weight because they keep people feeling fuller for longer.
- It is grown using little or no pesticides thanks to its hardy husk, which prevents insects from attacking the grain.
Please note that your loaf will always be made with the same amount of flour per loaf, but we have to adapt the amount of water to the humidity in the air: that plus baking-caused evaporation may result in fluctuations in your loaf's weight.
Organic wholemeal Spelt flour, water, sea salt.
Wheat, spelt (gluten).
Please note: all our products are made in a kitchen that handles nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, almonds), peanuts, sesame, wheat (gluten), dairy products, eggs, sesame, soy. May contain traces of mustard.
We deliver our entire menu to selected postcodes in a (circa) 2 mile radius from Wandsworth Town.
As of now, it is impossible for us to send our bread via the post, so sourdough, sweet sourdough, viennoiserie and bread subscriptions are available only in those postcodes.
If by mistake your postcode is not in our delivery area and you add one of the restricted products, the cart will give an error message: you will need to remove the sourdough-based products to proceed with the order.
Sorry for the inconvenience: contact us if you need any additional info.
All production is handmade in-house at Buzzing Bee Baked Things: it means that you can always trust that you’ll have every day the best product ❤️
Deborah, co-owner of Buzzing Bee, is an experienced Baker who has almost 15 years of experience in the industry.
Check out her baking story:
After a year of studies in bakery and pastry school, she worked for 6 years as an apprentice in bakeries around North Eastern Italy, and she run the whole production of a patisserie/coffee shop before moving to England, the country she fell in love with while on a 2013 trip for a Cake Design course at Squires Kitchen School in Farnham, Surrey, in 2014.
After a Cake Design course at Le Cordon Bleu, London, she found a job in North London in a production bakery, to then leave for her first restaurant job. From there she worked in restaurants such as Roka, Aviary at the Royal London House, and The Wolseley (where she was promoted to Junior Sous Chef in under a year).
With all this experience on her shoulders, she launched Buzzing Bee with Marco in June 2019, and now is the bakery wizard in the kitchen, creating and testing the recipes, and being constantly focused on making the best product you could ever have.