100% Spelt Sourdough SubscriptionRegular price £23.50
5% Discount already calculated in the price.
Subscribe to a weekly or bi-weekly delivery of our rustic, wholesome, healthy and low gluten Spelt loaf, and you won't have to worry about going to the shops for bread anymore!
You can get about 12 slices out of one 800g loaf, it'll last about 4 days at room temperature if well covered, or slice it and freeze it for up to 3 months. Choose the frequency you'd like to receive it weekly. Delivery will occur in days that we'll agree together. Let us know if you'd like the bread sliced, and we'll do it for you (please note that we slice by hand, so the slices won't be as regular as with a machine).
Payments will occur once a month on the day you subscribed. You have complete control over your subscription: change the date, skip or delete.
No white flour has been used in the dough (except a little bit in the starter, which makes it 4% of the total flour).
What does this change in the overall taste/nutritional value?
- Spelt is an ancient grain: this means that since humanity has been cultivating spelt (found already in Roman times), no changes have been made to it. It has a nutty, rustic flavour, and goes amazingly in soups and as a base for your eggs in the morning.
- It contains less gluten! Which is great for people with slight wheat intolerances (though it's NOT gluten-free unfortunately).
- It's particularly rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc, and niacin (vitamin B-3).
- Compared with wheat, spelt contains a slightly higher protein content, plus as a whole grain it has a high dietary fibre content that may help lowering cholesterol levels and may reduce hypertension. Also high-fibre foods can play a role in helping a person achieve or maintain a healthy weight because they keep people feeling fuller for longer.
- It is grown using little or no pesticides thanks to its hardy husk, which prevents insects from attacking the grain.
Organic wholemeal Spelt flour, water, sea salt.
Wheat, spelt (gluten).
Please note: all our products are made in a kitchen that handles nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, almonds), peanuts, sesame, wheat (gluten), dairy products, eggs, sesame, soy. May contain traces of mustard.